We are committed to protecting your privacy, and take our responsibilities regarding the privacy of you information very seriously. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
This policy explains how we use any information and how we protect your privacy.
POSTCODE PLUMBERS, hereinafter referred to as “POSTCODE PLUMBERS” which expression shall include all or any of its subsidiaries, agents, successors, partners, suppliers, assignees, websites or domains.
– Security: When you book or sign-up to our services using the secure server, your information is sent to us at POSTCODE PLUMBERS, who offer the use of the best possible and latest secure server software (SSL) available, which encrypts all of your personal details. This means that your information, which includes your name, address, and credit or debit card number, cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
Your information is then held in our secure database. Designated employees from POSTCODE PLUMBERS have access to your information in order to process your booking/orders. As required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access and use of your information.
What information do we collect & how do we use it?
– Signing up to Our Services: We require certain account information in order to begin providing you a service, including full contact details of both the business and the individuals concerned including; business name, contact name, postal address, email address. We may need to know your credit or debit card number and expiry date if we need to collect a deposit or bank details to process a standing order.
We ask for your telephone number so that both the service provider and ourselves can contact you if there is a question concerning your reservation.
– When Booking Products: We require certain information to allow us to process your booking and notify you of the booking confirmation. When you book, we need to know your name and the name of other travellers, address information and email address. We may need to know your credit or debit card number and expiry date if the operator needs to collect a deposit (as stated in the reservation confirmation).
We ask for your telephone number so that both the travel service provider and ourselves can contact you if there is a question concerning your booking or reservation.
– Surveys & Contests: We may request information from our customers via surveys or competitions. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our site. When you enter a competition, we may request information such as your name, contact details and demographic information such as age and postcode.
Participation in these surveys or competitions is voluntary and you have the choice whether or not to disclose this information. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prize.
– Newsletters: Customers also have the option to subscribe to our email newsletter. If so, we ask for contact information such as your name and email address.
– Site Tracking: We may use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of our site to better meet the needs of our customers. This software does not enable us to capture any personally identifying information.
Sharing information: We may share aggregate statistics about our service providers’ customers, traffic patterns, and reservations with their suppliers and partners, but these statistics do not include any personally identifying information.
We never disclose information about our customers to any other person or organisation without their consent unless there is an emergency situation that requires it or they are legally required to do so.
Your consent: In using our web site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by both POSTCODE PLUMBERS and the operator with whom you have booked in the ways described above.
Customer Services Department
13 Market Place, North Berwick
EH39 4JF, East Lothian